1. General, Customers, Language
(1) All offers, sales contracts, deliveries and services made on the basis of any orders by our customers (each, a „Customer“) through our online shop www.raeucheruniversum.de (the „Internet Shop“) shall be governed by these general terms and conditions of sale (the „General Terms and Conditions“).
(2) The product offerings in the Internet Shop are directed both Consumers and Business Customers (as defined below), but in each case only end users. For the purpose of the General Terms and Conditions, a „Consumer“ is any individual entering int the contract for a purpose not related to his or her business, trade or self-employed professional activity (Sec. 13 of the German Civil Code), and a „Business Customer“ is a Customer (Whether an individual, company or partnership vested with legal capacity) who enters into the relevant contract in the conduct of its business or its self-employed professional activity (Sec. 14 (1) of the German Civil Code).
(3) Standard business conditions of the Customer do not apply, regardless of whether or not we expressly object to them in a particular case.
(4) Our contracts with the Customer shall be made exclusively in the German or English language, in each case depending on whether the Customer makes the relevant purchase on our English language or on our German language website. Therefore, if the order is made on our German website, exclusively the German version of these General Terms and Conditions shall be relevant. If the order is made on our English website, exclusively the English version of these General Terms and Conditions shall be relevant.
2. Conclusion of Contract
(1) Our offerings published in the Internet Shop are non-binding.
(2) By placing order in the Internet Shop (which requires prior registration and acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions), the Customer makes a binding offer to purchase the relevant product. The offer shall remain valid and binding.
(3) Without undue delay upon receipt of the order, we will send to the Customer by e-mail a confirmation of receipt, which shall not constitute an acceptance of the order or by dispatching the product. The sales contract with the Customer shall not become effective until our acceptance.
(4) Any Customer who is a Consumer shall be entitled to revoke the offer and return the product in accordance with the cancellation and return policy within 2 weeks after delivery .
3. Prices and Payment
(1) Our prices include statutory VAT, but are net of shipping costs. Any customs duties and similar public charges shall be borne by the Customer.
(2) Unless expressly otherwise agreed by us, all shipments by us shall require advance payment (to be made in the manner specified in our order form) or shall be paid cash on delivery, in each case upon receipt of an invoice (which may be sent by e-mail and includes in our notice of acceptance).
(3) The Customer shall have no right of set-off or retention, except to the extent that the counterclaim has not been siputed by us or been determined by a final and binding decision.
4. Dispatch of the Product
(1) We shall dispatch the product prior to or on the date of dispatch (i.e. The date on which the product is handed over by us to the carrier), as set out on the offer page when the Customer places the order; provided, however, that any such date of dispatch shall be only approximate and may therefore be exceeded by up to two business days. If no date of dispatch is indicated, we shall dispatch the product at the latest within five business days for products specified as „in the stock“ (subject to a prior sale permitted pursuant to subsection 2 below) and within three weeks for any other products. Any such time period relevant to determine the date of dispatch shall begin if advance payment has been agreed, upon receipt by us of the full purchase price (including VAT and shipping costs) or if cash on delivery has been agreed, upon the conclusion of the sales contract.
(2) In the event that the product has, upon placement of the offer by the Customer, been identified in the Internet Shop as „in stock“ and advance payment has been agreed upon, we will keep sufficient quantity of the product in stock during a period of five business days following our acceptance of the order; unless payment is reeived by us within such period, we shall be free to otherwise sell the product. In such case, we shall dispatch the product during such period of five business days only as long as a sufficient quantity of the product is in stock. Otherwise, a period of three weeks as frome the receipt of payment shall be deemed to be agreed upon for the dispatch of the product.
(3) In the event that our supplier fails to deliver in a timely manner any products which were identified on the offer page in the Internet Store (at time of the order) as „out of stock“ or were sold out pursuant to subsection 2, the relevant date of dispatch pursuant to subsection 1 and 2 shall be extended until delivery is made by our supplier plus an additional period of two business days, but in no event by a period of two business days, but in no event by a period of maore than three weeks. Any such extension shall be subject to the proviso that we have without undue delay ordered the relevant products from the supplier and that our supplier's failure to timely supply the products is not a result of our fault or negligence.
(3) In the event that the product is no longer available, or cannot be timely delivered, for any of the reasons set out in subsection 3, we shall without undue delay inform the Customer thereof. If the Product is no longer available from our suppliers within the foreseeable future, we shall be entitled to terminate the sales contract. In case of any such termination, we shall without undue delay reimburse the Customer any payments which the customer has made to us in respect of the order. The legal rights of the Customer resulting from late delivery shall not be affected by this provision; provided, however, that the Customer may claim damages only subject to the provisions of Section 9 of these General Terms and Conditions.
(4) Partial deliveries of Products included the same order shall be permitted, provided that the product can be used separately and provided further that we shall bear any additional shipping costs caused the reby.
5. Shipment, Insurance and Passing of Risk
(1) Unless expressly otherwise agreed upon, we shall be free to determine the appropriate mode of shipment and to select the carrier at our reasonable discretion.
(2) We shall only be obliged to properly and timely deliver the product to the carrier, and any transit times specified in the Internet Store shall only be non-binding estimates.
(3) If the Customer is a Consumer, the risk of accidental destruction, damage or loss of the delivered product shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the product to the Customer or upon the Customer's default of acceptance. In all other cases, such risk shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the product by us to the carrier.
(4) We shall insure the product against the usual risks of transportation at our cost and expense.
6. Retention of Title and Resale
(1) We retain legal title to any product supplied by us until the purchase price (including VAT and shipping costs) for such product has been fully paid.
(2) The Customer shall not be entitled to resell the products delivered by us which are under retention of title, except with our prior written consent. The Customer hereby assigns to us any receivables arising from any resale in an amount not exceeding the purchase price payable for the product by the Customer to us, plus 20%. We hereby authorize the Customer to collect any receivables so assigned to us in the ordinary course of its business, but are entitled to revoke such authorization at any time in the event of a payment default by the Customer.
(1) In the event of a defect product, the Customer shall be entitled to request from us to repair the defect or to supply another product (as ordered) which is free from defects; provided, however, that we shall have the right to choose between any such remedies at our discretion if the Customer is a Business Customer. Such choice shall be made us by written notice (i.e. „text form“, including by telefax or by e-Mail) within a period of three business days following receipt of the Customer's notice of the defect. We may refuse to remedy a defective product in the manner requested by the Customer if such remedy would result in unreasonable costs.
(2) If the remedy (supplementary performance) pursuant to section 7 (1) fails or cannot reasonably be expected from the Customer or we refuse to so remedy the defect, the Customer shall be entitled to terminate the sales contract, reduce the purchase price or claim damages or frustrated expenses, in each case in accordance with applicable law; provided, however, that damage claims of the Customer shall be subject to the provisions contained in Section 9 of these General Terms and Conditions.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
(1) The Customer is granted the non-exclusive right to use any software delivered with the product for use in connection with the product.
(2) The Customer shall have no right to make copies of the software, except for the purpose of the use oft the software pursuant to section 8 (1) or for back-up purposes.
(3) The Customer may transfer the rights to the software to any third party only if at the same time title to the relevant product (in particular, a hardware product) is transferred to such third party and the Customer does not retain any copy whatsoever of the software.
(4) In no event shall we be required to make available the source code of the software.
(1) We shall not be liable (on whatever legal grounds) for damages which may not reasonably be foreseen, considering the type of the relevant order and product and assuming a normal use of the product. Furthermore, our liability shall be excluded for damages resulting out of a loss of data if their recovery is not possible or impeded due to a failure to perform appropriate data back-up procedures. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in cases of wilful misconduct or gross negligence.
(2) The provisions of this Section 9 shall not apply with respect to our liability for guaranteed product specifications (within the meaning of Sec. 444 of the German Civil Code), Personal injury or under the German Product Liability Act.
10. Data Protection
(1) We may save and process any data relating to the Customer, to the extent necessary for the purpose of the execution and implementation of the sales contract and as long as we are required to keep such data in accordance with applicable law.
(2) We shall neither make available any personal data of the Customer to other third parties without the express consent of the Customer, except to the extent that we are required to disclose any data pursuant to applicable law.
(3) We shall not be permitted to collect, submit to any third party or otherwise process personal data of the Customer for any purpose other than those set forth in this Section 10.
11. Applicable Law and Competent Courts
(1) Any contracts entered into between us and the Customer shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany under exclusion of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG), without prejudice to any mandatory conflict of laws provisions.
(2) If the Customer is a corporation, limited liability company, commercial partnership or otherwise operatesa commercial business (Kaufmann within the meaning of Sec. 1 (1) of the German Commercial Code) or if the Customer is a legal entity or special fund organized under public law, the Courts in Düsseldorf shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all disputes arising out of or in connection with the relevant contract. In all other cases, we or the customer may file suit before any court of competent jurisdiction under applicable law.